- About Us
- News & Media
- Pilot Info
- Planned Giving
The Recreational Aviation Foundation Mission
“Keeping the legacy of recreational aviation strong by preserving, maintaining and creating public use recreational and backcountry airstrips nationwide.”
The RAF implements its mission through these Guiding Principles:
- The RAF, a volunteer-driven organization, works to develop partnerships in protecting the common interest of the recreational flying community.
- The RAF works in cooperation with public and private landowners/managers and aviation advocacy organizations on State and National levels.
- Aviation is a valid and appropriate way to access recreational opportunities on public or private land.
- Access to backcountry is well served by low-impact airstrips as trailheads.
- Recreational Aviation is enhanced and landowners are better protected by including aviation in each states Recreational Use Statute.
- Aviation safety through pilot education is paramount to the successful use and enjoyment of backcountry airstrips.